Monday, September 20, 2010

The 30-Day Music Meme: Day Eleven

Day Eleven - A song from your favourite band

I should start off by saying that I don't have a #1 favourite band. I love a lot of bands but I've always been shite at choosing favourite bands, favourite albums, favourite songs.... just favourites in general. It's just too definitive and maybe I'm just too wishy-washy and non-committal. But for all intents and purposes of this meme, I have a song chosen for Day Eleven.



As previously mentioned, I love, adore and worship Jenny Lewis. Like most Jenny Lewis fans, I first came to know of her existence through Rilo Kiley. (Truth be told, I didn't take note of her cinematic presence pre-RK - most notably in Pleasantville, which was a film I really enjoyed in my high school years.)

"Portions for Foxes," to me, is perfection in the form of song. It packs so much emotion into 4 minutes and 45 seconds; it's a mix of blistering sexuality and desperation - the angst of an unhealthy relationship and pitfalls of love, with a catchy hook to boot.

I know I said it's difficult for me to choose favourites, but "Portions for Foxes" is definitely one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite bands. And I don't think that will ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment